FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2022
FOLLOW YOUR “B” SCHEDULE TODAY
1. Do you have a question? Do you need advice? Write your question on a piece of paper and submit it in the advice box located in the office then look for the reply in the October edition of the Blackhawk Beat.
2. Attention Sophomores: Applications are now available in the school counseling office for the Hugh O’Brian Leadership Seminar. One sophomore will be selected as Blackhawk’s HOBY ambassador and will attend a free 3-day leadership seminar during June 2023. For more information or to pick-up an application, stop by the high school counseling office today. The application deadline is Friday, December 9th.
3. If you have been considering joining the travel club on our trip to Peru, scan the QR code on the information screens during lunch or study hall OR see Ms. Biega or Dr. Winters today.
4. Student Council is sponsoring “Door Decor for Donuts!” Get in the holiday spirit and decorate the classroom door of your homeroom! The top 3 winning homerooms will receive Dunkin’ Donuts the week before winter break! Get decorating!
5. Attention seniors who still need a senior portrait for the yearbook. Your make-up picture day is Thursday, December 8. The photographer will be here from 10AM to 12:30, and this is your last free opportunity to get a senior portrait. Also, yearbooks and senior memory ads are on sale now. Find the link on the high school website under links.
6. Are you ready to be Freezin for a Reason? Well, it is almost time for the annual Beaver County Polar Plunge. This event raises money and spreads awareness for the Special Olympics. You can donate to the cause or even join the Ice Cewgs as they plunge into the cold water on January 21, 2023. See Mrs. Sarver or the student representatives Alayna Cipolla or Macee Dye if you have questions.